Archive of 150W-related Events
- Saturday, October 17: "Lives and Legacy: Celebrating Japanese American Women at Cal)." 11:30am-12:30pm.
- COVID-19 and Criminal Trials: Lessons for the Future by Andrea Roth
- Tuesday, October 13: Centennial Event - Winning the Vote: the Triumph of the American Woman Suffrage Movement.
- Wednesday, March 4: Lecture by Dr. MaryLouise Patterson, daughter of Louise Patterson (class of 1923): "Langston as We Knew Him." 650 Barrows Hall, 4pm
- Wednesday, February 26: Lecture by Jennifer Doyle, Et tu: Truth-telling Between Women. 370 Dwinelle Hall. 12-1:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 24: Khiara Bridges - Imagining an Ethnography of Pregnant Class-Privileged Women of Color. Philip Selznick Seminar Room, Philip Selznick Seminar Room. Lecture | February 24 | 12:45-2 p.m.
- Friday, February 21: Lecture by Walter Echo-Hawk ("Sea of Grass"), with introduction by Angela Riley. Multicultural Community Center, 5:30-6:30pm.
- Tuesday, February 18: Lecture by Aileen Suzara, Chef/Educator, Sariwa Kitchen; Catherine Ceniza Choy, Professor of Ethnic Studies, A Celebration of Doreen G. Fernandez’s Tikim: Essays on Philippine Food and Culture. 554 Barrows Hall, 4-5:30pm
- Thursday, February 6: Lecture by Tara Bunch, "The Road Less Traveled". Conversations with Global Leaders, Banatao Auditorium, Stardja Dai Hall, 12-1pm
- Monday, February 3: Lecture by Jennifer Hirsch, "Intersections of Power: Sexual Assault, Public Health and the Making of Sexual Citizens." 820 Barrows Hall, 12:00-1:30pm.
Panels and Conferences
Women in Psychology: Changemakers on the Frontlines. Speakers: Laura Helmuth, Editor-in-Chief, Scientific American, and Sybil Madison, Deputy Mayor, Education & Human Services, City of Chicago. Two exemplary psychology Ph.D. alumni who are working for the public good at a time of misinformation and shocking disparities reflect on lessons from psychology.
In Conversation with Tarana Burke (founder of #MeToo)
Womxn of Color Initiative presents the 35th Annual Empowering Womxn of Color Conference (EWOCC): “Metamorphosis: Casting Off Oppressive Paradigms to Live the Life We’ve Been Fighting For.” UC Berkeley. Free for UC Berkeley students.
Monday, October 12: Campus Conversations - 150W History Project. 12-1pm
Saturday, March 7: Expanding Your Horizons Conference. Valley Life Sciences Building, 8:30am-3:30pm
Friday, March 6: 4th Annual Women in Tech Symposium: Reimagining Cybersecurity for all. Bechtel Engineering Center, Sibley Auditorium, 8am-6pm.
Wednesday, March 4: 2020 RISE! Celebrating Women, Community Love and Leadership: 6th Annual Event. Anna Head Alumnae Hall (2537 Haste St.). 5-7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 3: Campus Conversation with UC President Janet Napolitano. Sibley Auditorium. Cal ID required. 12-1.
Monday, March 2: Women in Data Science Berkeley 2020, Banatao Auditorium, Sutardja Dai Hall, UC Berkeley
Thursday, February 27. Panel discussion: Arts in the Afternoon: The Quilts of Rosie Lee Tompkins. 4:10-6 p.m. | Women's Faculty Club, Stebbins Lounge
- Friday, February 21: Cal-Oregon Women's Basketball Game with with Honorary Coach Tsu-Jae King Liu (Dean, College of Engineering). Haas Pavilion, 6PM
- Sunday, Feburary 9: Cal-UCLA Women's Basketball Game with with Honorary Coaches Linda Burton (Dean, School of Social Welfare) and Janet Broughton (Executive Dean, College of Letters and Sciences). Haas Pavilion, 2PM
Burton (left) and Broughton (right)
- Friday, Feburary 7: Cal-USC Women's Basketball Game with with Honorary Coaches Renee Chow (Acting Dean, College of Environmental Design) and Prudence Carter (Dean, Graduate School of Education). Haas Pavilion, 7PM
Chow (left) and Carter (right)
- Cal-Colorado Women's Basketball Game with with Honorary Coach Raka Ray (Dean of the Division of Social Sciences)
- Cal-Utah Women's Basketball Game with Honorary Coach Lisa García Bedolla (Vice Provost for Graduate Studies and Dean of the Graduate Division)
- Cal-Stanford Women's Basketball Game with Honorary Coach Carol Christ (Chancellor)
- Friday, September 25: 102nd Birthday Celebration: a Virtual Celebration of Women Leaders Past, Present, and Future
- Thursday, March 12: A Celebration of Women in Culinary Leadership at Cal Dining. During lunch service (11am-2pm), Chefs at Cal Dining will be offering up special dishes to celebrate the many contributions of the women in our department. Join us at Foothill Dining with Sous Chef Chanel Williams and Senior Cook Lois Moore and at Cafe 3 with Sous Chef Annie Andre and Senior Cook Stephanie Stephens dishing up their best. Locations: Cafe 3 and Foothill
- Wednesday, March 4: Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon: Art + Feminism and Race + Justice. Moffitt Undergraduate Library, 12 - 5 p.m
- February 13 – June 21, 2020 every Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday | 11 a.m.-5 p.m. | Cloth that Stretches: Weaving Community Across Time and Space. Exhibit - Artifacts | Hearst Museum of Anthropology
- Julia Robinson Centennial Celebration (K-12)
- Wednesday, November 6: Opening of the Berkeley Women's Studies Movement Archive